Everyone (or at least me and my friends) would like to find their special SOMEONE .. someday. Is it really that hard? Or are we over-picky?
I've never really had a girlfriend since the day I was borned. My reason for not having one is because I'm looking for that special person in my life. To have and to hold, to settle down and grow old. Now it seems, it's somewhat impossible..
Friends who are nice will say that I'm being romantic, but others will just say that I have too high a standard to begin with. But is it really so? When I look at someone, I admit I'll scrutinised them and sometimes comment on them. And that shouldn't be confused with my expectations in my future partner. Cos I asked for the very minimum if people were to ask me what do I look for in a girlfriend.. appearance: so long as she looks pleasant to me, build: slim, character: independent. Too much? Or too little?
Back to the topic... how do we know if the person you're dating/ going to date is the special someone in your life? Truth is, no one knows for sure. He/she may have set your heart ablaze.. or your adrenaline pumping .. but that's only the chemistry part. What about the physical and the psychological part? I think we can use an equation like this:
Special Someone = Chemistry x Physical x Psychological(EQ & IQ)
Reason being: when we first meet someone, we're attracted physically (appearance) and then comes chemistry. When the physical part die down, the psychological part will then take over. That's what many of the married couples are facing nowadays, they can't switch from the physical part to the psychological side and everything starts to crumble once they're into 5-10 years of their marriage or some even later.
So you see, having sex without love is purely physical. Making love satisfy not only the physical part, but also the psychologically as well. (to be continued....)
Tuesday, May 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment