Often we've heard "Oh you're such a true friend.." or "I only have a few true friends while the rest are just aquaintance"... but really, what's the real definition of a "true friend"?
Does being a true friend mean that he/she will stand by your side whenever you need them? Or does it mean that by picking you up when you're down qualify someone as your true friend?
We're often so caught up with our own work/relationships that we sometimes fail to see who is really true to us. Sometimes, they just happened to be at the right place, at the right time to temporarily fit into the category of being a true friend. I, for one, doesn't seem to have true friends. For most of the time, it's mainly one sided... when they needed me most, I'll be there to provide for them. But when I need them most, there's none in sight to care for me. I guess it's just life...
Recently this topic struck me when I really needed someone to go out with, to talk to. I'm so enclosed in my own little world and once my so-called true friends aren't available for me, I become a poor, lonely soul... waiting desperately for them to call... trying hard to beat boredom. Maybe I'm just being selfish, or maybe I just got too little friends.. all I know is that they mean alot more to me than they think. I guess I'll have to just plant my feet on the ground and accept the fact that no true friend will be there for you 24/7. You'll just have to face the cold, harsh world by yourself if they are not available..
Now... time for me to widen my social circle... :(