Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grow old with you? Hmm...

Why do some people lose themselves when they're in love? That they'll give up everything just to make it work?

Why do some people fall in and out of love just to savour that feeling of being in love?

Why do we usually want something which we can't get?


To me, love is complicated. Just as humans are.. of course it goes both ways, it can be complicated if you think it is, and simple if you think otherwise.

It's always about compromising some people might say. It's true to a certain extent but if you compromised too much, you'll begin to lose yourself. No? I believe what they never explain is that compromising should only be on lifestyles/habits and not matters of the heart.

When you have this certain standards or requirement set for your future partner, you should never expect the person to change just for you if they don't fulfill certain criteria. Yes, you've gotto be realistic but that doesn't mean you should compromised on your standards/requirements. If you can't find that person, just wait and who knows what you might get. If it means staying single for your whole life, so be it. But hey, one's gotto learn to be optimistic right?

And what happens if you think that you've found that special one but turns out to be just a false alarm? Ending it as soon as possible would be best for both parties, for the more you linger... the more hurt you'll inflict. End it and move on.

Do I sound negative about this? I certainly don't think so. But I know people might say that I'm afraid to get hurt and that if you don't try, you wouldn't know. Right and wrong again... It all boils down to being realistic and coming up with the most ideal solution. Don't be a selfish pig!

Before I start going out of point... Cheers to the 40 year-old virgin! LOL

No comments: